Historic Bluffs Restaurant
This historic coffee shop was completed in 1948. It included a full-service kitchen and dining facilities. Despite attempts in the early 1980s to modernize the structure, both the interior and exterior of the coffee shop remained remarkably unchanged. Modifications over time have been largely cosmetic, and had done little to effect character-defining historical features. The facility closed in 2010. Since that time, a leaking roof resulted in mold and interior damage. (Atriax Group also fixed the roof in another project.) The National Park Service conducted an extensive historic structures report and following their guidelines, Atriax Group was awarded the design and construction to bring the interiors up to current standards while remaining true to the building’s historical character.
Key Words: Renovation, Historical, Interior Design, Design/Build, Civil Engineering, Architecture