Director of Architecture
The Atriax Group is seeking a dynamic and passionate design-forward leader to join our firm as the Director of Architecture. The Director will be a key member of the Atriax Group senior management team, responsible for supporting the Principals and other directors in the areas of growth, revenue, profitability, project management, design, staff management and client relationships. You will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of projects that span the globe.
The Director will lead and mentor a proven team of designer and project managers from the earliest stages of project conception through design and documentation phases. Along with the Principals and Senior Leadership, this individual will collaborate on strategic firm-wide design and creative initiatives that are crafted to continuously elevate the firm’s profile in our core markets, as well as the design community.
The Director will report to our new award-winning, adaptive reuse headquarters in Hickory, and will supervise a staff of ten individuals: registered and graduate architects, project managers and CAD technicians. Hickory is recognized as an economical, high-quality-of-life place to live: Hickory named most affordable metro and ranked among best places to live in America | City of Hickory (hickorync.gov)
The Director we are looking for will:
- Possess a minimum of 20 years of experience in the architecture and design field.
- Be a registered architect with proven leadership skills.
- Have experience in guiding the operations of a studio; both in the mentorship and development of staff as well as fiscal oversight.
- Have significant project experience in some combination of Healthcare, Government (Department of Defense and Department of Veteran Affairs is a plus), Aviation, Office, or Higher Education markets.
- Have significant experience with complex Government projects and contracts.
- Demonstrate a high level of drive and collaborative spirit to help grow and mentor a dynamic studio with engaged team members.
- Be proficient with the AutoDesk family of products, including both Auto CAD and Revit.
- Be available for domestic and international travel.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information or to submit your resume.